Sing, sound, and speak your truth with more confidence and freedom!
Since 2011, I have helped free hundreds of people’s voices through my eclectic Free Your Voice and Free Your Voice while Drumming programs. The courses consist of half sounding practices including sound meditations, expressive arts, drama, improv, play, and community building exercises and half singing/drumming practices from around the world. From the sacred to the silly, open in ways you’ve never imagined and make long-lasting shifts in your life. Highly transformational! The 10-week program costs $325 early bird, $350 regular. Payment plans available. A couple sliding scale spots for queer POC activists and artists.
Free Your Voice 2 hour workshop: Namaste Yoga, 2820 7th St., Berkeley. $35 in advance, $40 at the door.
– Classical singing techniques
– Proper breathing
– Singing in a way that is healthy for your throat
– Meditations to open the chakras
– Devotional chanting
– Mantra + spirit songs
– Expressive arts and improvisation.
Upcoming 10-week Classes:
Free Your Voice: Initiation
- 10 Sundays 5 to 6:30pm, Oct 15-Dec 17, Maru Dojo, 736 14th St., at Church and Market, SF. Note–Dec 3 is 6:45p-8:15pm.
Free Your Chakras
- 10 Sundays 6:30 to 8pm, Oct 15-Dec 17, Maru Dojo, 736 14th St., at Church and Market, SF. Note–Dec 3 is 8:15-9:45pm.
Free Your Voice: Initiation
- 10 Thursdays 6 to 7:30pm, Oct 5-Dec 14 with Nov 23 off, Terra’s Temple, 3051 Adeline St. at Ashby BART
Free Your Voice while Drumming
- 10 Thursdays 7:30 to 9pm, Oct 5-Dec 14 with Nov 23 off, Terra’s Temple, 3051 Adeline St. at Ashby BART
- Initiation: Free Your Voice is open to all levels including those who are shy, have never sung, feel they can’t sing, have trauma around their voices as well as professional singers and those who love singing and sounding. We create a safe space for everyone in the room to take their voice to the next place. The focus is to free your voice and express yourself without any judgment, inner or outer! Toning, chanting, song, expressive arts, and improv.
- Harmony: Free Your Voice is for people who want to learn songs in 4 part harmony and work on pitch issues. This course focuses on songs from the African diaspora, spirituals, gospel, and civil rights songs and includes expressive arts and drama therapy activities that look at you in relation to others. This course will help you sing on pitch and free your joy!
- Free Your Chakras: Sound & Song explores the Indian chakra (energy) system and includes different sounding practices to open and balance them. We will practice toning, movement with sound, Indian devotional chanting and mantra, spirituals and Civil Rights songs in 4-part harmony, drama therapy, expressive arts, improv, play and community sharing exercises. We will examine the psychological aspects of each chakra and your particular stories with each one. For people who want to heal!
- Foundation Flow: Free Your Voice while Drumming is open to all levels including those without drumming experience. You learn 4 rhythms (2/4, 4/4, 4/4/ and 6/8) from the Middle East and West Africa and 4 different songs and how to sing and drum at the same time. I teach a Middle Eastern style of trance drumming where you learn a basic rhythm (open) and how to fill it (closed). This class gives you a great foundation in drumming and how to accompany yourself vocally. It also includes space for improv, play, and freeing your drum and voice! Drum recommendations are djembe, doumbek, or Arabic tambourine. Suggested ones to buy: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Toca/Freestyle-Lightweight-Djembe-Drum.gc any size, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Remo/Fixed-Head-Tambourine.gc 8 inch.
- Rhythm Weave: Free Your Voice while Drumming is open to people who want to explore polyrhythms and learning and playing 1 rhythm in a room full of different rhythms (works the ear and focus!) We focus on West African and Middle Eastern rhythms with people playing different rhythms and singing together. Full body bliss and open your hearts and ears to complex rhythms and harmonies. We also do a lot of freeform playing and expression and community building exercises as we unleash our creativity. Suitable for all levels, including beginners. Drum recommendations are djembe, doumbek, or Arabic tambourine. Suggested ones to buy: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Toca/Freestyle-Lightweight-Djembe-Drum.gc any size, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Remo/Fixed-Head-Tambourine.gc 8 inch.
“Amber Field’s Free Your Voice Workshop was absolutely astounding. She is incredibly skilled at quietly creating a safe space and gently encouraging people to explore and find their truth, then openly express it. So many times at the end of the class people would voice their delight at being given the space to “play” which, as adults with busy lives, we rarely have. Whether you are a professional singer or have never sung a note in your life you will benefit from this workshop. Sign up NOW!!! You won’t regret it. “–Colleen Browne, Free Your Voice 1 & 2 student
- “Amber leads you through a supportive, fun, creative process that will not only improve your singing but also will change your life.”
- “Amber’s class is one of my favorite things I’ve done for myself as an adult. Throughout the ten-week Free Your Voice course, I learned how to be more honest, creative and vulnerable. But mostly it was just *so* much fun.”
- “What affected me the most were the rich interpersonal and community-building activities we did”
- “This has helped me outside of class and beyond singing as well…speaking in public, negotiating at work, relating to new and old friends”
- “Amber held a beautiful, safe, no judgement space for everyone to grow, learn, heal, sing, play, laugh & even cry”
- “Amber’s Free Your Voice While Drumming class was outstanding! Every class, I left amazed at what I had accomplished in less than 2 hours. She breaks down rhythm in a way that makes it incredibly tangible for a total beginner to percussion. And then she teaches you to integrate your voice while drumming! An awesome teacher. I would strongly recommend it.”
- “In ten weeks I feel like I got ten years worth of talk therapy and musical training combined.”
Check out other yelp reviews: https://www.yelp.com/biz/amber-field-music-san-francisco